Women Winning Political Director
This is a new era of pro-choice women’s leadership and the wave of women stepping up to run for office in 2019 and 2020 continues. To meet this critical moment, we’re expanding our team — Women Winning is thrilled to announce we’re hiring a second Political Director!
Organization Overview: Women Winning, a 501c4 organization with a State and Federal PAC, recruits, trains, and elects pro-choice to all levels of public office. Over the past 37 years, Women Winning has raised millions of dollars and supported thousands of pro-choice women candidates.
Objectives: Implement and grow Statewide Candidate Recruitment and Development Program to ensure pro-choice women win elections and have a seat at the tables of power. Work closely with the Executive Director, committees, and staff to construct and achieve short and long-term political goals. Must be results-oriented, a self-starter, have excellent interpersonal skills, adaptability, great attention to detail; and a sense of humor.
• Support the mission of Women Winning and increase the number of pro-choice women running for office in Minnesota at all levels
• Responsible for the planning and execution of the Candidate Recruitment and Development Program; this includes identifying, recruiting, and training pro-choice women candidates running for local, state, and federal office
• Create and implement integrated political plan focused on building the candidate pipeline in Minnesota
• Serve as primary contact with prospective and endorsed candidates, campaign teams, and elected officials
• Partner and execute Women Winning’s Candidate & Campaign training program
• Analyze key Women Winning races and assess the fundamental mechanics necessary to build and execute a winning campaign plan
• Assess candidate needs and offer strategic guidance to campaigns
• Oversee and manage political data
• Provide staff leadership and support to State and Federal Political Action Committees and committee chairs regarding endorsement process
• Oversee, organize, and execute Political Leaders of Tomorrow (PLOT) Internship Training Program, including the hiring and management of the PLOT Coordinator(s)
• Represent Women Winning, build, and strengthen relationships with key partners
• Assist and respond to needs for additional duties and special projects as determined by the Executive Director
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Commitment to the mission of Women Winning
• Bachelor’s degree and at least three to five years of experience advancing a political program at the state or local level
• An understanding of the Minnesota political community
• Strong writing and communications skills
• Experience with multifaceted planning processes
• Demonstrated flexibility in problem-solving
• Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Campaign experience
Hours: Full Time
Compensation: Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent health and dental benefits and access to 401k-retirement plan.
Women Winning is an Equal Opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
To apply: Click here and upload your resume and cover letter. The position will remain open until filled. Contact Meggie Wittorf, Women Winning Executive Director, at email@example.com with inquires or urgent matters.
stay in the know
Sign up for our email list to get the latest news, events and updates from Women Winning!
2610 University Ave West, Suite 325
Saint Paul, MN 55114