Women Winning Political Director
This is a new era of pro-choice women’s leadership and the wave of women stepping up to run for office in 2020, 2021, and beyond continues. To meet this critical moment, Women Winning is thrilled to announce we’re hiring for the Political Director position.
Women Winning is Minnesota’s largest women’s political organization. Our mission is to recruit, train, and elect pro-choice women to all levels of public office, from Park Board to President of the United States. Women Winning is a non-partisan 501c4 organization with a State and a Federal PAC. Over the past 38 years, Women Winning has raised millions of dollars and supported thousands of pro-choice women candidates.
Implement and grow statewide Candidate Recruitment and Development Program. Work closely with the Executive Director, staff, and PACs to construct and achieve short and long-term political goals. Develop and execute a strategic plan — outlining important milestones and measurable accountability checks — to win pro-choice majorities in the Minnesota House and Senate in 2022, amidst redistricting.
Must be results-oriented, proactive, organized, and accountable. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Support the mission of Women Winning and increase the number of pro-choice women running for office in Minnesota at all levels of government
- Plan and execute the Candidate Recruitment and Development Program. This includes identifying, recruiting, and training pro-choice women candidates running for local, state, and federal office
- Serve as primary contact with prospective and endorsed candidates, campaign teams, and elected officials
- Organize and lead Women Winning’s candidate and campaign training program; a training series that meets candidates and their teams where they’re at in the electoral process (e.g. getting started, preparing for a party endorsement, heading into GOTV, etc.) and provide critical guidance and resources to ensure her path to victory
- Assess candidate and campaign needs and provide strategic guidance in 1-on-1 development sessions; this includes coaching on how to network map, fundraise and budget, build a team of staff/volunteers, create a field plan, earn key endorsements, and more
- Oversee political data management: organize and capture candidate contacts, training attendees, attendees of other political events, etc. in a systematic manner, ensuring organization can easily and functionally access data for candidate prospecting
- Analyze key Women Winning races and assess the fundamental mechanics necessary to build and execute a winning campaign plan
- Lead endorsement process, providing staff leadership to the State and Federal Political Action Committees and committee chairs
- Organize and oversee the Political Leaders of Tomorrow (PLOT) Internship Training Program, including the hiring and management of the PLOT Coordinator(s)
- Represent Women Winning in the community and by building and strengthening relationships with key partners to increase organization’s visibility and gain access to resources to support pro-choice women candidates
- Represent Women Winning in key tables, coalitions, and meetings with external organizations
- Leverage relationships with key allies and partner organizations that will enable Women Winning to recruit women who have multiple platforms when running
- Create opportunities to expand Women Winning membership and coalition
- Assist and respond to needs for special projects as determined by the Executive Director
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Commitment to the mission of Women Winning
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience advancing a political program at the state or local level
- Campaign experience
- An understanding of the Minnesota political community and an eagerness to proactively build purposeful relationships
- Proactively identify challenges and make informed recommendations
- Proven track record of exceptional follow-through and accountability
- Strong communications skills
Hours: Full Time
Compensation: Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent medical, vision, and dental benefits and access to 401k-retirement plan.
To apply: Click here and upload your resume and cover letter by Monday, January 11th. Contact Meggie Wittorf, Women Winning Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with inquires or urgent matters.
stay in the know
Sign up for our email list to get the latest news, events and updates from Women Winning!
2233 University Ave West, Suite 310
Saint Paul, MN 55114