WOMENWINNING'S DIRECTOR OF ADVANCEMENT
womenwinning, a 501c4 organization with a State and Federal PAC, encourages, promotes, supports, and elects pro-choice women of all political parties to all levels of public office. Over the past 35 years, womenwinning has raised millions of dollars and supported thousands of pro-choice women candidates.
womenwinning is seeking an energetic and innovative leader with a passion for its mission, a drive to grow its fundraising program and an ability to diversify revenue to meet increasing demand. This is a great position for an driven, goal-oriented person who likes working in a fast-paced environment. The focus of the position will be to identify and deepen relationships while overseeing a larger development plan aimed to grow and diversify the womenwinning movement.
The Director of Advancement reports to the Executive Director, and working closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Committees, is responsible for all aspects of fundraising, marketing and communications. The Director of Advancement will oversee the Advancement Associate.
- Manage all aspects of a full-scale, integrated development operation with an emphasis on diversifying revenue and growing member base;
- Oversee the development and implementation of marketing and communications plan and budget, including management of brand, support for development and events, media relations, website, electronic communications, social media and list building;
- Develop and implement fundraising plans and budget;
- Plan, oversee and execute four large annual fundraising events (including the Annual Luncheon), as well as smaller fundraising, movement-building, and candidate fundraising events throughout the year;
- Oversee digital and social media-based fundraising and direct mail;
- Work with the Executive Director to create and execute annual plans for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors;
- Ensure delivery of donor benefits for leadership giving, lifetime giving, sustaining donor, and planned giving donors;
- Represent organization to external stakeholder and partner groups;
- Partner with Board and staff on how best to maximize their fundraising involvement;
- Set and meet or exceed stretch fundraising goals and define and achieve marketing and movement building benchmarks;
- Lead, coach, train and motivate members of the development and marketing committee
- Work with and support the Executive Director including providing strategic counsel and assistance with special projects as needed
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Commitment to the mission of womenwinning
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in a relevant field such as fundraising, communications, or administration; or a similar combination of experience and education
- Experience with a broad range of annual fundraising strategies, including events, major gifts, mail, and email
- Experience providing excellent stewardship of individual donors
- Passion for planning and executing creative, successful events of all sizes
- High level of comfort interacting with donors of varying giving capacities
- Experience working on political campaigns (paid or volunteer), especially fundraising
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while meeting the needs of diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrates qualities of positive work attitude and a consistent, dependable work ethic. Must be results-oriented, a self-starter, have excellent interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative leadership style, adaptability, great attention to detail; and a sense of humor.
- Knowledge and ability to use NGP or similar CRM software and MS Office is required.
Hours: Full Time - regular business hours, plus occasional night and weekend commitments
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Includes excellent health and dental benefits and access to 401k-retirement plan.
To apply: Send a letter of introduction and resume to Lauren Beecham, womenwinning Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, November 28th, 2017.
womenwinning is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.