WOMENWINNING'S ADVANCEMENT ASSOCIATE
womenwinning, a 501c4 organization with a State and Federal PAC, encourages, promotes, supports, and elects pro-choice women of all political parties to all levels of public office. Over the past 35 years, womenwinning has raised millions of dollars and supported thousands of pro-choice women candidates.
The Advancement Associate reports to the Director of Advancement and supports the fundraising, marketing, and communications efforts of womenwinning, as well as providing general office management support for the womenwinning team. The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly organized, dependable self-starter with a strong interest in the mission and work of womenwinning.
● Work with and support the Director of Advancement to develop and implement strategies around fundraising, events, marketing, communications, membership, website, and database;
● Develop and manage grassroots elements of fundraising and communications plan, including social media, email, and website;
● Manage internal communications and calendars and oversee general office operations (supplies, merchandise, organization, etc.);
● Assist with crafting of core messages and external communications;
● Design and create all printed, online, and video materials;
● Oversee campaign finance compliance in collaboration with the Accountant/Compliance Consultant;
● Process gifts, maintain donor database, pull lists, manage email and website;
● Assist with donor prospecting and stewardship, including prospect research, processing acknowledgement letters, organizing phone banks, etc.;
● Staff lead for young professionals committee (LAUNCH), including working with committee leadership to develop meeting agendas, setting priorities, and leading monthly meetings;
● Provide support for on and off-site meetings;
● Assist with political events and trainings;
● Recruit and manage volunteers and executive office interns
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in related position; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Key skills and attributes for this position:
● Commitment to the mission and work of womenwinning.
● Positive work attitude and a consistent, dependable work ethic.
● Strong organizational strategic thinking skills.
● Demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
● Experience planning and/or implementing events.
● Technologically savvy with a knack for learning new software and programs.
● Experience using computer assisted word processing, databases and information management systems.
● Excellent judgment and decision-making.
● Great customer service and interpersonal skills.
● Dependable, consistent, results-oriented.
● Access to reliable transportation with automobile insurance and MN driver’s license required.
● Experience with website management preferred but not required.
● Experience with Adobe suite and Final Cut Pro preferred but not required.
Hours: Full-Time - regular business hours, plus occasional night and weekend commitments
Compensation: Mid to high $30k’s. Excellent health and dental benefits and access to 401k-retirement plan.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Lauren Beecham at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
womenwinning is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
For more information about our organization, please visit: www.womenwinning.org.